We regret to inform you that, due to the evolving situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, Cork Figure Skating Association will close until 29th March, effective immediately.
This date may be extended in line with government advice.
We will ensure that all missed classes are made up when it is safe to do so.
Please keep safe and well in the meantime.
We appreciate your support and understanding at this time.
CFSA and ARSI team
We are aware that many of you are concerned about our event this weekend.
We would like to bring to your attention the fact that this is not a large gathering and that skating is not a contact sport, therefore the risk of transmission of infection is low, compared to other settings.
However, in order to reduce the risk further, the organising committee has decided to adopt the following measures:
1) A maximum of two family members per skater will be admitted inside the venue (there will be no charge at the door);
2) Skaters and family members may arrive no earlier than one hour before their competition time, and will be expected to leave the premises after their podium;
3) Once again we would like to stress the importance of not attending the event for anyone who feels unwell;
4) Practice Hand Hygiene at all times;
5) Adhere to Respiratory Hygiene (cough or sneeze into a tissue or into your elbow, wash your hands afterwards);
5) Any physical contact is to be avoided, maintaining physical space of at least one and a half metres (4-5 Ft) between people.
Finally, the group photo on Sunday is cancelled so only skaters competing on the day are to attend.
With due consideration to all the hard work put into preparing for the competition, we will all try to make the best of it under the circumstances, but everyone’s safety has to take priority at this time.
CFSA and ARSI team
In order to ensure everyone’s safety at the competition, we need to follow the recommendations and general advice of the HSE about preventing the spread of COVID-19. Please read the following guidelines carefully.
– Do NOT attend the event if you are unwell, in particular if you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath / difficulty breathing;
– Ensure that you and your child use hand hygiene: wash your hands with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer properly and often;
– Ensure that you and your child are familiar with and use cough etiquette (cough or sneeze into the bend of your elbow if you don’t have a tissue at hand);
– Avoid close contact with people who are coughing or sneezing or who are unwell;
– Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth if your hands are not clean;
– Do not share objects such as bottles and cups.
More information on www.hse.ie.
Just a quick reminder that the second term is now well under way since 1st February. A small number of fees are still outstanding: we would urge those of you who have not yet paid to please do so this week.
Please disregard this message if you are up to date with fees.
Just one more week to the competition!
The timetable is now final and will be displayed at the hall. Please note that skaters are not listed in the correct skating order, as this will be decided by draw on Friday evening.
Please come to Neptune Stadium at least one hour before your competition time, with hair and make-up (if needed) done, so that you’ll have enough time to warm up and to put on your outfit and skates.
Any skaters who require club skates, please – PLEASE talk to Kelle today or tomorrow. It would be very upsetting for your child to find out that their favourite pair of skates is not available on the day of the competition.
There will be practice in Neptune on Friday evening from 5.00pm, on Saturday morning or afternoon, or on Sunday morning (please check the correct practice time for your category).
A group photo of all competitors will be taken on Sunday 15th. Please wear your competition outfit for this.
Training for Liane’s class on Friday will take place at the hall as normal.
There will be no recreational classes from Friday 13th to Sunday 15th. All skaters who are not competing can make up for these classes during the following week. Please discuss with your coach a suitable time and day for these classes.
And finally, the most important thing is that you enjoy your competition. It is a great opportunity to display your skills after all the hard work (yours, your coaches’ and your families’), and one that all skaters can avail of without having to travel far and wide… Good luck!
From all the CFSA and ARSI team
It would be great to have a few more volunteers to help during the competition, especially for Saturday 14th March, so that we could give everyone a break… If you are available, even just for a while, can you please let us know?
Just to say a very big thank you to all involved in our fundraising events of the past few weeks: Aparna hosted a fabulous curry afternoon and Liam organised a great quiz night. It was lovely to see so many of you there and also many non-skating guests!
Both events were fantastic and everyone had a great time. This will be a big help in funding our upcoming Cork Open competition in two weeks’ time. Thank you!
Registration for the above competition taking place in Neptune Stadium on March 14-15 is now open.
Entry fees are €40 for 4th division, €50 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd division.
Please also add €10 WIFSA membership if you have not already paid for it.
Just a reminder that the new term starts today 1st February and ends on 30th June. Term fees are now due.
Many thanks to all of you who have already paid. Any questions on term fees, please ask Anita (087 4032202).
Please note the dates for this year’s main events:
Competition dates for this season are the following:
1) CORK OPEN 14th-15th March open to all skaters (ask your coach for information about requirements for each category)
2) DIAMOND SKATE, Dolo, Venice, Italy 16th-17th May (competitive skaters)
3) WORLD OPEN 2020, Brwinow, Poland 15th-19th July (competitive skaters)
Workshop with Olympic coaches Alex and Paul (competitive skaters only):
– 1st-3rd May.
Training camps during the summer for all skaters:
– 10th-14th August ADVANCED & RECREATIONAL
– 17th-21st August INTERMEDIATE (COMPETITIVE)
– 24th-28th August ADVANCED & RECREATIONAL
Times are 10.00-1.00 for all recreational classes and 10.00-3.30 for competitive classes.
Any questions, please feel free to ask.