COVID -19 GUIDELINES
To all skaters and parents/guardians:
Our priority is to take all steps possible to minimise the risk of Covid-19 transmission.
In order to do this, please read this carefully:
Do not attend class if you feel unwell, if you have a temperature, a cough or shortness of breath;
Do not attend if you have been told to self-isolate or quarantine, and if you have returned from abroad less than two weeks ago;
Please ensure that you can be contacted while your child is skating; if you are not available please leave an alternative contact number with the coach;
Only enter the hall at the correct starting time for your class and leave promptly when finished;
Only one parent/guardian to accompany children when absolutely necessary (i.e. to help lace up skates), then leave promptly and return at the end of the class;
Use hand sanitizer at the door (you can bring your own if you prefer);
Practise good respiratory etiquette; the use of face masks is optional;
Stay 2 metres away from other skaters and coaches at all times (you can stay close to members of your family if you are in the same class);
Leave all your belongings in one place, including your water bottle;
Do not share any equipment other than club skates (which are sanitised after each use);
When leaving, ensure that your bring all your belongings home, including your water bottle; you can leave your skates and mat at the hall, for your own private use only;
Clean your chair with antiseptic at the end of your class.
CLASS TIMETABLE September 2020
Recreational (Kelle, Anita, Aimee, Telan):
Tuesday 4.0-5.00, 5.15-6.15
Saturday 9.30-10.30, 10.45-11.45, 12-1, 1.15-2.15, 2.30-3.30
Intermediate 4th Div, competitive intermediate and advanced (Eimear & Liane):
(contact your coach directly)
Fees 2020/21 – RECREATIONAL SKATERS
Hours of training per week Fees per 5-month term
1 € 190
2 € 350 or €73 per month
3 € 500 or €105 per month
4 € 630 or €132 per month
5 € 785 or €165 per month
6 € 940 or € 197 per month
ARSI membership and Insurance: €25
As we approach the start of a new term, we would like to acknowledge the difficulties faced by most of us during the past few months.
We are looking forward to welcoming you all back. The importance of sport and physical activity cannot be overstated, especially at this time when many other activities have had to be limited or discontinued.
Our priority is the safety of all our skaters and coaches. In planning for our activities, we are following all the relevant guidelines issued by the Government, the HSE and Sports Ireland.
REGISTRATION FORMS & COVID GUIDELINES
In order to enrol in one or more classes, please contact Anita on 087-4032202. (Competitive skaters to contact their coach).
New registration forms and Covid-19 guidelines will be circulated over the next few days. If you are not going to be at the hall before the 1st September, please email me (email@example.com) and I will send you a registration form to print and sign.
We are asking all skaters (or parents/guardians) to fill in the registration form and to sign the declaration confirming that you have read and understood the new Covid guidelines.
In keeping with the current guidelines and to ensure physical distancing, classes are now significantly smaller than before.
This and the forced prolonged closure have had a severe impact on our club’s finances. We therefore have no choice but to increase our fees from 1st September.
In order to try and facilitate families who may be facing financial difficulties, payments for skaters who train 2 hours per week or more can now be made monthly, at the beginning of each calendar month. If you avail of this option, we are asking that you bring in your payment (cash, cheque or PayPal) on or before your first class each month, as we do not have the capacity to chase up late fees.
We are asking everyone to honour their fees even in the case of absence due to holidays or illness. Exceptions will be made for skating-related injuries and in the case of prolonged illness.
Any questions, please email or text me (086-8077616) or Anita.
Sabrina & the Coaching Team
Just a reminder that any skater returning to Ireland from overseas will need to restrict their movements for 14 days unless they are coming from a ‘green list location’. They should therefore not attend training during this time.
Further information on the HSE site:
Many thanks for your cooperation.
If you need new boots and/or frames please let me know by next week as we are ordering soon.
Please note that delivery may take a few weeks because of low stock of inline frames due to ice rink closures during the pandemic (a lot of ice skaters took up inline).
No need to pre-pay, but if you order you commit to pay when skates are delivered. Boots’ price range is €160-350, and frames €170-240, plus delivery charges.
Any questions, please email or call/text me (086 8077616).
Here is the revised timetable starting on Monday 8th June.
Classes will be kept very small in order to ensure social distancing.
All recreational skaters please contact Anita (087 4032202) to confirm your class day and time. All other skaters to contact your coach unless you have already done so.
TIMETABLE June 2020
Recreational (Kelle, Anita, Aimee) – max 6 skaters:
Tuesday 10-11 11.15-12.15, 12.30-1.30
Friday 12-1, 1.15-2.15, 2.30-3.30
Saturday 9.30-10.30, 10.45-11.45, 12-1, 1.15-2.15, 2.30-3.30
Intermediate 4th Div (Eimear) – max 6 skaters:
Monday 11.30-1.30, 1.30-3.30
Tuesday 1.45-3.45 5.15-7.15
Competitive Intermediate (Liane, Eimear) – max 5 skaters:
Wednesday 12.30-1.30 & 6-7
Competitive Advanced (Liane) – max 4 skaters:
Wednesday 11-12 & 4.30-5.30
Thursday 11-12 & 12.30-1.30
Sunday 10-11 & 11.30-12.30
We look forward to seeing you all back.
CFSA coaching team
From Monday 8th June, in line with the Government’s roadmap, the Club will reopen for activities.
In order to keep us all safe by ensuring physical distancing, some changes will have to be made in the scheduling and organisation of classes:
- Class size will be reduced;
- Class starting time will be staggered;
- No athletics or ballet on site for the time being (classes will take place on Zoom);
- No change of days or times allowed: if you miss a class we will no longer be able to facilitate you by making it up on a different day due to smaller number of skaters allowed in each class.
The class timetable will be revised in the coming days to reflect these changes.
The following recommendations will be implemented:
1) Only skaters (one parent/ family member allowed with younger children) to enter the premises; no parents to wait inside (please wait in the proximity of the hall and have your phone on during your child’s class);
2) Hand hygiene: all skaters (and accompanying parent) entering the premises to use hand sanitizer on arrival and when leaving;
3) No skater who is unwell should attend for classes: this includes high temperature, cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache, nausea/ diarrhoea;
4) Strict respiratory etiquette: cough or sneeze in tissue and dispose of it immediately, then sanitize your hands, or cough/sneeze into your elbow; the use of masks may be considered in line with public health recommendations;
5) Ensure physical distancing by keeping 2m between you and everyone else; follow signage on the floor; do not have any physical contact with other skaters or coaches;
6) Only use hard chairs to put your skates on and take them off; you should wipe your chair before and after use;
7) Please wipe club skates before use;
8) Long hair should be tied up to discourage touching your face;
9) Bathrooms to be used only if absolutely necessary, as they will not be cleaned between classes.
10) Water bottles are not to be left on the table but next to your chair. Please ensure that you bring them home after class;
11) Doors and windows will remain open to improve ventilation and to avoid touching handles and surfaces.
We are aware that some of these measures may pose some inconvenience, but we have to prioritise everyone’s safety. They may be revised in line with public health recommendations going forward.
We are looking forward to seeing you all back soon.
In line with government directives, we will remain closed until 12th April.
We hope you all stay safe and well.
We regret to inform you that, due to the evolving situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, Cork Figure Skating Association will close until 29th March, effective immediately.
This date may be extended in line with government advice.
We will ensure that all missed classes are made up when it is safe to do so.
Please keep safe and well in the meantime.
We appreciate your support and understanding at this time.
CFSA and ARSI team