We are aware that many of you are concerned about our event this weekend.
We would like to bring to your attention the fact that this is not a large gathering and that skating is not a contact sport, therefore the risk of transmission of infection is low, compared to other settings.
However, in order to reduce the risk further, the organising committee has decided to adopt the following measures:
1) A maximum of two family members per skater will be admitted inside the venue (there will be no charge at the door);
2) Skaters and family members may arrive no earlier than one hour before their competition time, and will be expected to leave the premises after their podium;
3) Once again we would like to stress the importance of not attending the event for anyone who feels unwell;
4) Practice Hand Hygiene at all times;
5) Adhere to Respiratory Hygiene (cough or sneeze into a tissue or into your elbow, wash your hands afterwards);
5) Any physical contact is to be avoided, maintaining physical space of at least one and a half metres (4-5 Ft) between people.
Finally, the group photo on Sunday is cancelled so only skaters competing on the day are to attend.
With due consideration to all the hard work put into preparing for the competition, we will all try to make the best of it under the circumstances, but everyone’s safety has to take priority at this time.
CFSA and ARSI team